Ord House is a grade two listed property, that dates back to 1637. The property was originally built as the Lairds house for the Clan Mackenzie. It was then converted into a hotel around the mid 1970s. Ord House is a well run business that has been owned and operated by the current proprietors since 1987.
Ord House is a traditionally built grade 2 listed detached property set over three floors which date to 1637. Set within approximately 30 acres of gardens, farmland and woodland the property was then extended in the 1800s.
Since purchasing Ord House in 1987 the current vendors have carried out extensive renovations including new wiring throughout and re-roofing in areas. The property has been placed on the market due to the current proprietor’s impending wish to retire from the Tourist trade. The business, at the moment, is only trading for 6 months of the year due to other business commitments during the winter months. It would though be very well situated for trading year round and the current owners are at present contemplating this. Its quality is reflected in the number of awards it currently holds such as achieving 5/5 on trip advisor, and AA rosette.
Ord House Hotel offers excellent accommodation for both guests and owners.
Approx 30 Acres
Muir of Ord