Offers over £800,000
Bardmony House has a private setting in 5.9 acres of its own grounds on the edge of the Vale of Strathmore, the fertile plain that lies between the Grampian Mountains and the Sidlaw Hills, on the county border between Perthshire and Angus.
Bardmony House was originally a staging post for monks and the earliest parts of the house date from the 15th century. In 1830, an attractive neo-classical Georgian house front facade was added.
The Georgian part of the house has a lovely hallway with a beautiful drawing room off. There are two further reception rooms off the front hall with a kitchen, playroom and stores off the back hall.
In 1991 the house was extended to the west to create accommodation for a relative. The new wing also has a lovely drawing room and dining room with a kitchen, study and cloakroom behind. This wing is linked to the main house but can be divided off by locking doors.
The 9 bedrooms can be used all together for a house party or split with 5 bedrooms, a dressing room and 5 bathrooms in the main house and 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in the wing.
To the east of the house, with a secondary access off a farm lane, is a gardeners cottage, a range of outbuildings and a walled garden
Approx. 5.9 Acres